Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

There's a New Alpaca in Town

I was driving to one of my favorite farm stands on the edge of town and was quite surprised to see this alpaca sitting by a new fence. There is another alpaca/llama farm on the other side of town but out in the country. This land was formerly the home of a Motor Court...or Motel...which was abandoned and falling down. It probably went out of business right after they changed the road into town perhaps 50 years ago. There was a main house which had also been abandoned. Apparently someone tore it all down and cleared out the field. I am assuming that more alpacas are on the way since they are very sociable and like to be in a group.
My cat is pre-occupied with waiting for her supper. You can see she doesn't miss too many meals.

I have become slightly obsessed with decorating mandarin collared denim shirts with molas and such. This one came from a yard sale for $2 and I embellished it with part of a Tee-shirt I didn't like and lots of small molas and molitas. I bought another one on Ebay and miracle of miracle...found another one when I cleaned out a closet. I have dozens of molas in my stash for this project and will be going to Panama and the San Blas Islands in August for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home