Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Back Yard "Boys" Are Back

During "vacation" the ferns began growing in the backyard again. The monkeys can't be far behind. The site director/contractor (also known as Michael...my son-in-law) supervises his helper, Clinton pulling a shrub out from under the back door which will lead to the new construction.
The timbers are being bolted on and set in the ground to frame in a back door to the concrete pad. There used to be a deck in the back here, extending from the porch out about 10 feet or so but I had it torn off when the garage was "fixed" last year. The sun always hit it in the wrong direction and it was too small for a table and chairs with an umbrella.
I have been cleaning out my garage getting ready for a yard sale, a couple of quilt show and winter, when I want to be able to go out here and find something without freezing. This wall has one tall row of boxes full of FABRIC and the row in front is all the things I sell when I have a sale table somewhere. There is more fabric and findings on other walls. All this is in addition to two rooms full upstairs. Do I have enough now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home