Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Trip to Washington and Virginia

Last week I went to Washington to visit my sister before heading for Virginia where I was teaching a jacket class for a local weaving group. Our first stop on our sightseeing day was the East Wing of the National Art Gallery. A striking collage in the hallway.

We visited this particular museum to see the Edward Hooper exhibit. It is apparently quite popular as it was very crowded that day. I am fascinated by his use of lights and darks. This piece is called Nighthawks.
Chop Suey New York Movie. Almost no one in his paintings seemed to be enjoying themselves.

A beautiful piece I had never noticed before outside one of the Courts. We went to the Dupont Circle area looking for a gallery which was showing some Vietnamese Paintings. Beautiful architecture in this area.

Obviously built in the late 20's or early 30's. We arrived at the Gallery and found they had sold almost all the paintings. There were just three left.


A mural in a local school yard.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home