Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Frog Jacket

This is a sample jacket for a class I will be teaching for high school seniors next year. Several years ago I made my daughter several scrub tops from frog fabric. Some of the scraps were too large to just throw away. I had a granddaughter who loved frogs and I had purchased a beautifully embroidered tee shirt for her in Nepal which she subsequently outgrew and gave back. So I decided to add a few "frog" half yards of current prints and make a jacket. The front is asymmetrical.


The beautiful machine embroidered frog from Nepal.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home