Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Jacket is Finished

I finished the jacket today. The pattern is The Keystone Jacket by Golden Thyme Designs. I had never heard of this company until I saw them in a booth at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. I liked their samples and its an easy pattern. For my first sample I made it pretty much by the directions. The only thing I changed was using flannel instead of muslin as the base.
And in their samples the slanted strips next to the feature strip on the back were darker...giving a slimming effect. Mine were pretty dark but not reading as dark as I might have liked.
And the directions don't call for interfacing or shoulder pads. A big no no with me but I gave it a go. The front closes with the lapels turning back a bit and showing the lining. Hard to photograph without a lot of pinning.
I just showed it closed in front in this photo. One could also add some interesting closures on the front as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home