Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Vietnamese Embroideries

When i was vending at the Quilt Show in Amherst, Mass. last March the booth next to me was filled with wonderful batiks and textiles from all over the world. The quilter owner, Caroline Kearney and her husband take their booth, called CBStudio55 to shows all over the Northeast. Caroline loved the Vietnamese embroideries and purchased a number of them from me this fall. She stitched up some wonderful samples for her booth and was kind enough to send me some photos. She is also a well-known teacher and pattern designer.

This is their booth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home