Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cleaning My Sewing Room

This week I decided I had to finally take some action on putting up a design wall. This meant moving the cutting/sewing table in the middle of the room so I could use the closet doors as a base. And that involved moving out all the "stuff" stored under the table. I hadn't seen some of it in years so there were some nice surprises in there. The wall shown is full of shelves full of fabric of course.
In the far corner of the room are stairs leading downstairs to the kitchen. They are full of stuff of course. On the wall is a Grandmother's Garden Quilt from the 20's and an Alligator Skin. On the left is one half of the closet doors I will use for a design wall. I plan to hang cotton flannel over it. The hanging is embroidered animals from China.

"Stuff" seems to pile up in one of the windows. Mostly beads, buttons and lace.

The "stuff" was moved out into the hallway.

And into the next room which has become a sort of sewing room annex.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home