Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Great Day at Marcia's Studio

Another great sewing day at Marcia's beautiful studio. I brought in some men's ceremonial collars from Southwest China for a show and tell.
The stitches on these is absolutely incredible.
I have started a jacket in blue batiks with a cross stitch jaguar as the centerpiece on the back.
I will add some hmong strips from Laos and some beaded belts from Guatemala to the mix.
Beth's jacket fronts at the beginning of the day.
And Donna's jacket back.
As the day progressed Beth got to the point where she could pin the jacket together for a final fitting.




And Donna made progress on the jacket front.
My jacket back at the end of the day. The hmong strips are blending in nicely and I am going to sew two of the beaded bands on the dark strips between them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home