Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another great day at Marcia's Studio

Another great sewing day at Marcia's studio. I have been so busy the last couple of weeks. After vending at the Cortland Quilt Show I went back to Binghamton the following weekend and did a Bog Coat Class for their guild. What a fun day we had. All this meant two weekends with my daughter in Binghamton who hopefully has recovered from all this. Then Thursday I did a fashion show for the Quilt Guild in Amherst. Today was a great day to relax and sew with Marcia and Beth. We spent two hours on show and tell! Beth brought in her stunning quilt with wonderful machine embroidery.
This piece of from Marcia's class at Nancy Crow's Barn the last two weeks. This was part of another collection which I really liked.

We all thought this one had a lot of possibilities.
And another of Marcia's studies from Nancy Crow. You can barely see the piece I am starting on the left. A mola with a pelican giving a bear an ice cream cone. The fabric theme is ice cream and desserts. And Beth brought in the stunning batik quilt she just finished.
Marcia has the jacket all finished but the sleeves and hand stitching down the band.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home