Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Ithaca E.A.T. Group came for lunch today

A group of 8 women from the E.A.T. Group in Ithaca came for sewing and lunch today accompanied by one guest. The group usually meets monthly at Quilters Corners in Ithaca to learn an advanced sewing technique and then many of us go for lunch at an elegant restaurant just around the corner. I had hoped for nice weather so that we could make some interesting beads with a heat gun outside but thunderstorms were predicted.
So we gathered around my dining room table and made cell phone bags. Our goal for these sessions is for a one hour class.
This is followed by show and tell. June Silberman had brought this gorgeous miniature quilt.
And a hilarious pair of garden gloves. She was inspired to make them after seeing a similar pair for $35 in a local shop.
And Sally Dutko displayed a bowl made from paper mache.

After show and tell we had lunch from the local Chinese takeout resturant on my new patio. This was followed by shopping time in my back room with the fireplace. This is one of the few times I have most of my "wares" displayed as I am getting ready for two sales in Ohio next week.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home