Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sew In Day at Marcia's Studio

Another great sewing day at Marcia's studio. It was cold outside and a great day to concentrate on creative work. It was poles at 30 paces between Marcia and Beth as they both were getting ready for a two day shibori session beginning tomorrow.

I spent the day working on a jacket which began creation with an orange base. It has now evolved into a black based one with ethnic embellishments. The two pieces in the middle of the front are Black Hmong (a tribe not a color) which didn't make the cut. They have been replaced by two small molas.

Beth and Marcia spent the day arranging fabric on the poles to be ready for placement in the dye pots tomorrow.
The bigger the pole the better design...so I am told. A last minute consultation.
You can see more technical information on beth's blog:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home