Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Violet Township Ohio Bicentennial Quilt Show

On June 21st and 22nd i vended at the Quilt Show in Pickerington, Ohio...a suburb of Columbus. I was greeted as I drove in with a hot air balloon just in the process of taking off.
There were three vendors in the lunchroom accompanied by photos of the town in the "old days". I was in the process of setting up my booth here.


The group sold throws based on their town quilt.
The town quilt. I just love this style.


I thought this was an interesting use of a fabric square. A nice celtic design.


I remember this print from the 80's.

This was a hand pieced Dear Jane which unfortunately (to me at least) was machine quilted using one of those programmed patterns.

This was one of the submissions to the Statue of Liberty contest in the mid 80's.


Another interesting appliqued quilt.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home