Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jacket Class at the Amherst Museum

Today I traveled to Amherst, N.Y. to present a "Take Twelve" Jacket Class during the 34th Annual Quilting Seminar presented by the Amherst Museum. The grounds are beautiful and full of restored buildings from another era. In the lobby are kitchens from 1870 to 1970. Unfortunately in my two trips there I have never made it past the lobby. The 1870 kitchen.
This is a great class for quilters who haven't made much clothing. The jacket is made from 12 fat quarters or a similar collection of fabrics.

We were fortunate that the next door classroom wasn't being used so we could lay out fabric on the long tables to help make choices.
The batiks for this jacket were wild and wonderful.
This was going to be a very sophisticated jacket.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home