Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September Meeting Genesee Valley Quilt Club

It was the first meeting of the fall season after what seems like a long summer break. The hall was packed as usual for the first meeting and the high point was, as usual, show and tell. It was hard to photograph some of the quilts because of the crowds. As usual, I don't always have the names of the quilt makers. I know this one was made by Margaret Fahey for her sister and she hopes that her sister won't like it because she does and would like to keep it.
I think Margaret made this one as well with a mask theme.
This was a beauty with an african theme and embroidered animals.
And who could mistake one of Chris Wickert's masterpieces? This one mostly made of silk. Wow!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home