Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Quilt Show Peterborough New Hampshire

We interupt this Travelogue to bring you a quilt show from Peterborough NH where I vended over the weekend of October 11th and 12th. I used to live in this area and it was an opportunity to visit friends and relatives. They had a great mix of over 230 quilts.







There were 8 vendors including myself. This vendor sold marbelized fabric.

























I thought this appliqued quilt was fabulous.









This was all handmade and the design came from a European church floor design.









closeup.









This quilt was also featured in the Chinese Auction.





Most of the guild members either wore a sort of costume or a funny hat and were all having a fabulous time.













Kristen, one of the vending committee, relieving me in my booth. The woman next to me sold wonderful hand knit then felted bags. Despite good attendance at the show she only sold one bag. The economy is really taking a toll on business.












The rest of my booth.















Some nice antique quilts.
































Another reason to visit the area this weekend was peak foliage. OK, we have the same foliage here , the difference is the hills.




































Their gift gallery.



















I thought this stack and whack was a hoot.



















Someone was demonstrating stack and whack during the show.




































































And there were lots of examples.























Raggedy Ann and her quilts. This woman displayed some of her red and white quilts and wore her Raggedy Ann costume. Her upstairs is supposedly full of Annes and Andys and red and white quilts.















































































































I liked this small red and white Erte style quilt.




























And I was lucky enough to win this small beauty in the Chinese Auction. Instead of a raffle quilt they had perhaps 30 small quilts which they sold Chinese Auction style.






























Closeup of the applique bathroom quilt.































Raggedy Ann's bed.


































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home