Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Another Work Day at Marcia's Studio

Another "working" day at Marcia's terrific studio. I spent most of the day making some decisions on the wolf quilt. I had some more fabric choices which I wanted to "interview". Most of them did not make the cut. And after working all day on the quilt several other original pieces were thrown out as well. The gray wolf at the right is not making the cut and will be part of Wolf Quilt 2 if there is one.
I put borders around two of the embroideries which seems to make a huge difference in how they look. Because of the way the wolves face left or right I have limited placement choices.
Marcia continued working on her new silk jacket made from handwoven Thai silk. She is using a kimono pattern.


The red addition is a hand dyed piece from Marcia Murphy. A similar piece is going to be used for the band.



Marcia also had a couple of quilts on the wall which she has been working on.




Inspector Suki had a difficult day with limited trips outside. There was a light snow in the morning which also didn't please her. All the creatures she likes to chase seem to be holed up for the winter.






Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home