Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fabulous Wearable Art Book

This is one of the best books on the history of clothing I have ever seen. From Neolithic plant-fiber skirts, Ancient Egyptian linen shifts, and Classical togas through Mongolian shanamic robes, Japanese kimonos, and Indian saris to nineteenth-century Tyrolean dirndls, contemporary African ceremonial attire and today's Middle Eastern burqas, every notable geographical region, historical period, and style of dress is covered here. There are over 1000 illustrations. 900 of them are in color.


It's not for the weak of wrist or anyone with a weak coffee table. It weighs several pounds and has 608 pages. The title which you can't totally read because of my flash is The Worldwide History of Dress.

There are a zillion ideas here for the artist who wants to incorporate ethnic influences into their wearables.










Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home