Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Last of the Spring Photos

Ok. This is the end of the Spring photos. I so often seem to be out of town for these few beautiful weeks so this is a treat for me. I have some wonderful flowering quince bushes right outside my front door. In the fall they have fruit the size of lemons. Not edible unfortunately. And my yard is full of these pretty blue flowers.

We call this the cherry pit tree. For the first ten years I lived here I didn't know what kind of cherries it produced as the birds swooped in and I was left with the ground littered with pits and no cherries. I finally found half a cherry one year and discovered it was a sweet cherry tree.

The blossoms on the magnolia tree are quite skimpy this year. The tree lost half its limbs in an ice storm a few years ago but has recovered.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosalie Cooke said...

You don't have to stop--I'm enjoying your flower and tree photos. I don't get too many flowers here so I like seeing yours! And the cat photos are great too...looking out through the screen door spoke volumes. Love your landscape.

April 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home