Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mystery Quilt

In April 2008 I attended the Lancaster Quilt Show in Pennsylvania and took a one day Mystery Quilt Class with Kimberly Einmo. Since it was a mystery quilt you could only choose fabrics based on instructions for a certain amount of fabric in "lights and darks" and so on. The green/yellow fabric is hand dyed fabric from Judy of Just Imagination. The rest of the fabrics are batiks. Am I happy with it? I am happy that the top is finished but if I had had the pattern first I would have made other choices. And taking photographs is a good idea. When I took this one I noticed that one of the blocks was wrong and had to do a bit of ripping out. Ah.....This is a lot better.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home