Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Chicken Coat Goes to the Lancaster Quilt Show

This year it was the Chicken Coat's turn to go to the Lancaster Quilt Show and be featured in their Fashion Show Luncheon on Friday.
Called "Just Your Basic Chicken Coat" , the design is taken from Maggie Walker's Country Journal Quilt.

My favorite panel is the rooster on the back with an attitude. The basic fabric is tea dyed cotton and the chickens are fused and then machine appliqued. It is also beaded.





Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lindacreates said...

This is just beautiful! How wonderful to use that pattern into a wearable art piece.

May 27, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home