Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, May 18, 2009

E.A.T. Group Meeting, Ithaca

Monday saw the monthly meeting of the E.A.T. Group at Quilter's Corners in Ithaca. After a work session Show and Tell is always a focal part of the meeting. I loved the use of black in this scrap quilt. June had used scrunched fabric to make a matching blouse for a suit made long ago.

And a hysterical bra for a contest co-sponsored for the shop for Cancer.


This skirt was made from a woven oriental fabric.

This rag rug was made from tee shirts and was last month's class.
We had discussed these blocks once before and they were back for more work.

We had also discussed this one last month and the quilt was now finished.



After show and several of us head out to a delightful French Restaurant for lunch.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home