Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Marcia's Studio Day Two

I bit the bullet and trimmed the slanted edges off this quilt and now have to quilt it. And am finally getting serious about using one of the Flower Collars from Southwest China in a jacket. I will probably start with the orange one on the left and have made a couple of strips of hand dyed fabric to coordinate with it.
Marcia worked on a kimono jacket made from a knit purchased in Turkey.Her orange jacket is behind her.



And Nancy made a lot of progress on her Tiger jacket.




Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lindacreates said...

It looks like you are creating something wonderful on your wall. I love all the strips of fabric.

May 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home