Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, June 15, 2009

E.A.T. Group Meeting, Wolcott

We have sort of begun a tradition of having the June meeting at my house. As usual one member presents a project. At the June meeting since it is at my house it's my turn. My choice was an easy one which had been requested by the group...make and demo a pattern of a silk scarf they all liked which I had worn to a meeting. It was a good project as it didn't require a sewing machine...just lots of silk or soft synthetics. It wasn't long before there was a mound of it in the middle of the table. It had rained earlier but cleared up enough for us to be able to eat lunch on the outside patio. Sally brought some adorable dolls for show and tell. She was inspired by an article in Quilting Arts Magazine.



By midafternoon most people were half to two thirds of the way complete and began modeling their work.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home