Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quilting by the Lake, QBL, Day 3

Two more great quilts in the show. These are by Elizabeth Barton.

I had three garments in the show. A lace coat called "Its not my grandmother's lace"



The garment I entered in the 2006 Bernina Fashion Show. Called "Thanks Kaffe" and contains 135 Kaffe Fassett fabrics






My turquoise coat called "Just Your Basic Turquoise Coat" made of crinkled and stitched batik and bordered with a ribbon band made on a hairpin lace loom by machine.

A SAQA exhibit. My quilt is the second from the left on the second row.


The rest of the SAQA exhibit.


The quilt of the statue I am making in class. I finished the head day one. Its looking a little bug eyed before a bit of paint and stitching.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home