Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Its time to get the suitcases out and begin organizing an upcoming trip to India and Nepal. My old standby basic suitcase is the blue roll bag in the middle with a zippered compartment in the bottom. Its very lightweight. I will fold up a large size duffle bag from LL Bean and put it in the bottom of this bag for my purchases on the trip home. I have a super new travel pillow. You would not believe the hard, flat pillows you find in even nice hotels. I now also take a fold up fleece lap type blanket for the chilly flight over and air conditioned rooms. I have only done this the last year or so and am amazed at how often I am delighted that I have brought it along. I also take a carryon suitcase and a fairly large backpack. Then there are the essentials, such as books, toothpaste, antibiotic cream and bandaids for your poor toes after walking a few miles.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home