Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Project Iron Quilter - Let the Games Begin

Back home its time to prepare for the upcoming Project Iron Quilter. While part of the preparation is certainly psychological, there is also a physical fitness component. Lifting antique irons might just do the trick.


The contest will take place at : Traditions & Beyond, 17th Biennial Quilt Show Saturday October 3 rd, 2009, from 11:00 to 2:00, at the Tompkins Cortland Community College, 170 North Street, Dryden, NY.


Then there is the process of getting together the items which we are allowed from the scanty supply list . Such as three pieces of fabric. Hmmmmmm......I wonder if there is anything good in there?
Or maybe in there?

And what about in there?


And what about all that stuff in the garage I haven't seen in 10 years?
Maybe some red and black fabric from the bottom of that pile? Surely its vintage by now.
And a few ribbons and yarns might be nice.
Or some bias binding strips.
And of course some glitzy trims.
Maybe those sunglasses buttons peeking out on the right would help.
Surely there must be something good in there.
Then there is thread. Should it be glitz?
Or maybe a soothing color such as aqua?
Gold is always good.
And of course a few buttons will surely be needed. Maybe the theme will be tigers? Be still my heart.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Newman Fridy said...

Oh my! I think I have a serious case of stash envy!

Project Iron Quilter sounds like a fun time...keep us posted!

September 26, 2009 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

too, too funny Priscilla!!

September 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Nina Marie said...

OMG - You go girl! I don't know what's harder - completing the challenge they have in store for you or picking the right stuff out of your stash! Good luck!!

September 27, 2009 at 4:29 AM  
Blogger Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

The competition sounds like such fun! Hope you will write more about it. I loved looking at your photos of India.

September 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home