Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Trip to Bali, Laos and Thailand...the Bangkok Airport

I have just returned from a trip to Bali, Thailand and Laos. This usually requires at least one lengthy stay in the new Bangkok International Airport. Flights from the U.S. arrive around midnight and I like to take an early flight to my next destination in order to not waste a day. If I go to a hotel I usually can't get more than an hour or two's sleep so I have lately opted to just stay overnight in the airport and not bother. This is one of the new huge statues in the checkin area.
And there was a beautiful orchid display as well.





I was flying on Airasia, a fairly new lowcost airline. Lots of other people were obviously waiting all night as well.
This piece has been in the departure area since the airport opened a couple of years ago.


Other than the beautiful statues and gardens the airport is full of ridiculously expensive shops and a few eating places...also expensive. However there is also a post office which would be very convenient if I ever needed it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home