Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Trip to Bali, Laos & Thailand-My Bali Neighborhood

My hotel was about half a block from the main street, then another block to the main market. The streets are full of upscale shops and restaurants.
In the morning the main street is crowded with shoppers for the fruits and vegetables in the market which are only there in the early hours.
The doorway of the main temple next to the Palace on the main street. The images are draped because they are thought to have spirits which like a change or attire occasionally.
The busy market area.



The narrow street back to my hotel.
The entrance to a small temple on the way.
My host was a famous batik painter (framed) and also taught classes.
My lovely breakfast included a huge plate of fruit and a proper pot of tea.
A tree on the road to the hotel.
A statue outside the Temple by the Palace.
Inside the temple
Lunch at a pretty streetside cafe near the market. Rolled chicken, potatoes and creamed spinach.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home