Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Bali- The Vientiane National Museum

On my last day I had a few hours to kill before taking the train to Bangkok so I decided to visit the National Museum again. Its right in the center of town and I hadn't been here in several years since I visited it with my friend Phonesay who was a monk at the time. This huge elephant is in the lobby.

This huge brass drum was just unearthed within the last 10 years. It is around 2000 years old.
A jar from the famous Plain of Jars.
Stone monoliths.
A schematic of the etching on the side of the brass drum.
A royal chair about 200 years old. For an elephant.
Life under the French.

The revolutionary era.
Drums and gongs stuck in a hallway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home