Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Bali - Walking Around Vientiane

Monks with umbrellas seem to be everywhere in the afternoons. The Joma Restaurant on the left, with a bakery and outside tables is one of my favorite. Pumpkin soup , quiche and banana splits. Yum.
Fried fish waiting for customers on a streetside stand.
The Cultural Center. I attended an Indian/Laos Fashion Show here a few years ago.
This is a new building with a high end craft shop which never seems to be open.
I would guess that that is a bar.
Hmong textiles made into fashionable clothes.
The fountain in the park up the street from my hotel. A favorite area in the evening when it is lit. Vientiane is an early town and the streets are pretty quiet after 10 pm.
There are always lots of tuk tuks here at the end of the park. They want huge fees to take anyone anywhere so I always wonder just how much business they have or are just there to chat with each other.
Ahhhh. The Scandanavian Bakery. Croissants in the morning and cinnamon buns to die for. Never mind the delicious cakes and cookies. Always busy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home