Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Another Sewing Day at Marcia's Studio




















Inspector Suki has abandoned her usual accoutrements that she uses on the sofa and now just has a blanket draped over the whole thing.  I guess it is off limits to quilters now.






During my ongoing garage cleaning I came upon silk scraps from a vest I made in 1989.  I have sewn them together and will trim them up and make them into a small wall hanging. 





I also found this piece (as well as two others) which I bought at Liberty of London in London in the early 90's.   It would make a great jacket.




























And I worked a bit more on my Nepalese Quilt.





















Bev displayed a wonderful quilt she recently finished.  I think it has a great Southwestern flair.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home