Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

May Genesee Valley Quilt Guild Meeting




The May meeting is always a busy one with the induction of new officers and usually a large show and tell as we wind down for the summer months when we don't meet. 

Deb Roach is sporting a Bog Coat Jacket which she made in my class last weekend at the Bobbin Case.  It is made from a hand woven baby carrier which I purchased in Guatemala.















And Margaret Reek trimmed her Bog Coat Jacket from that class in gold and trimmed her black hat to match.  She will be President of the Guild next year.



















The 2010 Raffle Quilt has been finished and was displayed this month.  It will be raffled off at the November meeting.  I love the black background.





















I will be teaching a two day jacket class for the Guild in March and some of my sample jackets were displayed. 




After Show and Tell a break for cookies and conversation is always welcome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home