Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Last Week at QSDS in Ohio

Last week I attended QSDS (Quilt Surface Design Symposium) in Columbus, Ohio. I hadn't attended for a couple of years. This year they changed the location to a different hotel and because of scheduling problems ran the five day courses from Sunday through Thursday which seemed to throw everyone off a bit. I went to Elizabeth Barton's class on Designing an Art Quilt. Sometimes you have to get on top of your work.

My preliminary sketches for my quilt. We drew our design several different ways and then did value sketches.

My first fabric selections which I ended up changing.



Other student's work.



Some pieces from Rosalie Dace's class.



Another great piece from Rosalie's class


More Rosalie Dace. Both Rosalie Dace's and Elizabeth Barton's class were full. There were two other classes, Discharging with Bob Adams and a Shibori Class. Three classes were cancelled.


The Shibori Class.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home