Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Camping--or was it RVing?

The day after the E.A.T. Group's visit I headed for the Buffalo area to spend a week camping (or RVing) with family. Great grandson Dominic loves to wear hats, including my straw number.

Their "camper" has two bedrooms and two TV,s and an extra outside kitchen. They park near a lovely lake.


On our second day we headed out to a flea market in a nearby town.

A spiderman hat caught Dominic's attention.

One day we decided to feed one of the large flocks of Canadian Geese on the grounds. There used to be a beaver dam here but the parks staff moved the beavers out of the park as people wanted to putt golf balls here.



This job required a Mickey Mouse hat.


Oh oh, they're getting away!

We followed them out into the lake in a paddle boat.



A stop on the swings on the way home.

On "dance night" Dominic tries a few of his own moves while waiting for the crowd to arrive.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home