Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Torpedo Factory, Alexandria, VA

On the last day in DC we headed for the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, VA. Decorated wall in the entrance.
Yes, it really was a Torpedo Factory during WWII. A few years ago it was turned into an Artists Gallery and Studio . Its located on the waterfront and it is a great place to browse, purchase some interesting art, and have lunch by the water. There were a few wearable art shops but not much of any interest for me.

There was also an interesting collection of what garments hanging in the halls.


Huge animals for sale in one shop.


More clothes hanging on the first floor hallway. There were three floors.
This artist obviously had a thing for fish.



The majority of shops were more gallery than working studio.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home