Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Field Trip!

Last weekend Pat Pauly, Bev Kondolf and I went on a field trip to the Mancuso Quilt Show outside Philadelphia. Luckily we were only staying one night or we would have been hard pressed to find room for all our "stuff" in Bev's big van.
We stayed in a newly refurbished Hyatt Place Hotel in King of Prussia, just outside Philadelphia and near the show. The dining area.

And the lounge. There was also a business office, a pool and a fitness center, none of which we had time to use.
I had the smaller room with a king size bed, a huge flat screen tv and sleeper sofa.


They even furnished toothpaste.

The other room with two queen beds. It was huge.

Both rooms had desks and plenty of internet connections

It was hard to pack up and leave the next day. We are looking for an excuse to stay here again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home