Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Movie Night

This evening I ventured out to Lyons, about 17 miles away (and the county seat) to watch The Town at the beautiful Ohmann Theater. I thought it was an excellent movie and I was quite impressed with Ben Affleck who I had always thought was rather a lightweight.
The Theater was originally opened around 1917 and was lovingly restored a few years ago by a member of the Ohmann family...the original owners.

Its beautiful inside and even has Diet Cokes.


And you can even sit in the balcony. There aren't many movie theaters in the area where you can do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home