Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 2011 RAFA Meeting

Sadly (for us anyway) Varda Main is leaving for Texas at the end of the month. She brought in to sell some things she can't move
And I brought in a few things from my trip to Thailand, Laos and Vietnam.

Margaret was finishing work on an African quilt inspired by her trip there last summer.

Anne displayed two felted hats.

Beth displayed a lovely pieced quilt.
That's Liz Scott behind her pretty handpainted quilt.

Varda had made a sweater from some wool leftover from another project.

Julia displayed her quilt for the upcoming show.


The orange strips in Elaine's pretty piece are beaded.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home