Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The New...New Delhi Airport

I will be off soon on yet another trip to India (I finally got smart and now have a five year visa) and will be coming face to face with another new airport there.
They opened it in July in time for the Commonwealth Games. You can't enter without showing tickets and passport to a guard at the door.

In December and January numerous flights are cancelled in the am because of fog. This happened to my daughter Barbara and I on our first trip there years ago and we ended up taking a 10 hour taxi ride from Agra to Khajuraho.



Some of the jetways are more than a kilometer from check in so they have 90 automated walkways. Its still a long haul. I'm sure the cat who stole my donut years ago in the old airport is long gone. Progress I guess.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home