Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Great Weekend at Casowasco

Another great weekend with the Tompkins County Quilt Guild members at the Casowasco Retreat below Auburn. I worked on a quilt made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics left over from a Bernina Fashion Show garment.


Carol had some great squares for a Christmas style quilt.

My quilt begins to take shape.

Unfortunately I don't always know who puts up all the beauties which appear all the time here.

The beginning of one of Casey's quilts.

This one will end up as a sample at the Quilter's Corners shop in Ithaca.



There was time for a big of shopping of course.

Then people decided to dress up Carol with some of her purchases.



Did I mention that part of what we do here is have fun?

The finished product.
Casey's quilt begins to look wonderful.

These blocks were a take on Sunbonnet Sue and were made by an exchange group in Germany.


Another one of Casey's quilts.


We had a great time naming this one.

Carol's quilt begins to take shape.
I worked a bit on a wall hanging incorporating an embroidery from Vietnam. It needs more work.
Isn't that a great beginning for a penguin quilt?

One of Ruth White's quilts.

And Casey did another practice piece for Project iron Quilter. We gave her the theme of China.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home