Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trip to India & Nepal _ Udaipur, Part 1

Late in the afternoon after a beautiful long day we arrived in Udaipur. The view of the famous Lake Palace Hotel from my hotel window.
Another view of the Lake from my window.
The hall outside my door.
Lots of upscale shopping in the area.
Michael tries to make friends in the old section where we prefer to wander.
A shopping street in the old section.
The clock tower in the center of the market area.
A local restaurant. No, we didn't eat here.

Just a beautiful doorway in the area.
And the outside of a small local temple.
Sweet shop.
More local vegetable vendors.
One can always take time out for a bit of shopping.
The front of the Jagdish Temple near our hotel.
Holy man on the steps.
More interesting shopping in the area.

Finally....................a banana split.................in our hotel no less . With a beautiful view of the lake. They called it something else but we weren't a bit fooled.
The inside door of my hotel room.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home