Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Evening Critique Session at Marcia's Studio

Last week we spent a rare evening critique session at Marcia's Studio.

We wanted to accomodate people who weren't available during the day.


Some work was finished, some in various stages. My blue leaves quilt was in the quilting stage so can't be changed all that much. Some people liked it better on its side. Hmmmmmmm?


There were even some framed pieces before they head off to a show.


We had no trouble filling two hours with conversation about the quilts.


And took time pondering each piece.

The verdict is still out on whether we want to repeat this. Some are concerned about driving at night in the winter and others liked to also be able to spend time working on actual pieces which we do during daytime meetings.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home