Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Trip to Thailand & Laos- Nan Part 2

My second morning I hired the hotel van and driver to take me around to the major temples.


Our first stop was a Wat on top of a hillside where some repairs were underway on one of the doors.





Where the monks sit and pray.








An old Chedi under repair.


This gorgeous golden Buddha overlooked the valley and it must have been a wonderful sight during clear weather.





Stairs going down the hillside.

The carvings on the outside of the buildings was quite exceptional.


















And wonderful murals inside one of the buildings. And these weren't even the best murals in town!





























The doors were quite spectacular too.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home