Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trip to Thailand & Laos- Bangkok

A great Spirit House near my Bangkok hotel.

Traffic is terrible in Bangkok and I like to stay near the River and use the River boats to get around town. The water was very high. There was major flooding in the low lying areas about two weeks after I left.


Two huge barges being towed by tug boats.


An old Portugese building


A vendor on my street.


Another advantage of my hotels location is a Swensen's Ice Cream Store half a block from my hotel. Location is everything.



The display area in the airport on the way home was full of orchids again.






The trip had its good and bad points. The Temples of Nan were absolutely fabulous and well worth the trip there. And I always love coming to this area and just hanging out and walking around...especially in Laos.


On the negative side...it was hard to get around Nan with no tuk tuks...prices are rising rapidly everywhere...and crafts are becoming harder and harder to find.




A nice perk on the way home was the use of the first class lounge while I waited for the plane. Great food and comfy surroundings.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home