Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Trip to Jodhpur, India. Jan-Feb-2012. Around Town

This tiny little two seat Barbar Shop was located in a kiosk just before the first gate to the Clock Tower Market. A busy spot.


Back at the Payal Center the women are wondering what to do with all the fabric left by the women last weekend.


And a volunteer who was leaving brought a cake.

At the Guest House the owner's son wanted to take part in the game the volunteers were playing. He is 6 and has 14 subjects in school. He speaks excellent English.


A man hauling a vegetable cart seemed to be found in most neighborhoods. I wish there was one in mine.


My favorite trim shop in one of the alleyways in the Market. I stop here every year and the owner and his son (pictured here) remember who I was with and the son even remembers what I bought last year and tries to not let me buy it again (but certainly buy something else). It is the usual hospitality when you are making a large purchase in most Asian countries to offer the customer something to drink. I chose a cold soda one day when he was alone and rather than tell me this was "not convenient" he just left me watching the shop as he sped away on his motorcycle for it.



The local Trauma Hospital. One of the volunteers was hospitalized for three days with a respiratory problem and the bill was 15,000 rupees (a little over $300) But she had to purchase her own food.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home