Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Trip to Jodhpur, India, Jan-Feb.2012- Around Town

A group of children who beg around the market have a meeting of sorts in the center by the Clock Tower.


Cows taking a break in the busy section.


Some interesting architecture on a side street.


Beautiful saris in a shop window.


A group of school girls asked me to take their photo in Mcdonald's during an ice cream break.


One night we had visitors at the Guest House from a Dragoman Tour. They go overland in countries all over the world camping with this huge sturdy truck.


Back at the Payal Center the group cuts out Butterfly Jackets from silk purchased in the Market.





And a dress from material donated by the women who were here last week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home