Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Trip to Washington, D.C., Part 2

One of my favorite paintings of William Grant by Gilbert Stuart in the Art Museum.




The Rotunda area was beautifully decorated with Spring flowers.






In the last few years no trip to DC has been complete without going to the Indian Museum.





Beautiful beadwork on display in the lobby.





An interesting headdress in the main entrance


I think this was a Mimbres bowl


More beadwork upstairs.




A mural on the way to the special exhibit hall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home