Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cleaning My Sewing Room

 Usually when I clean my sewing room I am just trying to make enough space to get around.  This time I dug a little deeper into drawers and boxes.  I unearthed this great batik from China.  From 1993 to 2004 I traveled to China at least once a year.  By 2004 in Beijing the old city was being torn down (for the Olympics) traffic was terrible and the crafts were all disappearing so I stopped going there.  In previous years I used to find wonderful batiks which I brought back.  This one was intended for a jacket or coat. I think I will see if my grandson wants it for his room.
I have no idea where this big piece came from.  Definitely Asia.  I think it might make a wonderful jacket. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home