Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Cutting Up The Sari's Class

 Cutting Up The Saris Class.  The class was developed to demonstrate a method of making wearable jackets from sheer saris or quilted sari shawls which I have been purchasing recently in India.  The first order of business was to make a modified kimono jacket pattern for everyone from their individual measurements.
Beth was using a quilted sari and examining some coordinating fabric choices.

 Jenna also had a quilted sari.
 Liz and I were sharing the beautiful brown/gray sari on the wall.
Marcia looks for some coordinating fabric for her black and white zebra jacket.

And Frances was making a jacket from a sheer sari.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home