Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Maple Museum, Croghan, N.Y.

 Back to Croghan on another day trip we visited the American Maple Museum.  It opened around 30 years ago in a former three story parochial school.
 An old snowmobile used to gather maple sap.
 Scenes of sugaring in the old days.
 An old  lumber camp kitchen
 Maple syruping equipment
 An antique vessel used by Indians to gather sap.
 An old boiler.
 Taps.
Maple sugar candy molds.  Major funding for the museum is derived from frequent breakfasts of pancakes, sausage and pure maple syrup served by volunteers.  Yum.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home